TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. By the Conditions set out below, Global Postal Solutions (‘GPS’) and Ozepost Pty Limited (‘OPL’) its servants and agents are not to be liable at all for the certain losses and damages and, if they are to be liable the amount of the liability is in all circumstances, limited to the amount stated as Declared Value, up to a maximum of $2,000, where a Gold or Silver service has been purchased. Any items with a Declared Value over $2,000 require the Shipper to provide an Export Permit attached to the freight clearly marked as Export Permit. You can obtain Permit from the Customs Service of the Australian Government. Omission of the Permit may lead to delay and/or confiscation. GPS and OPL liability only occurs where a premium has been paid, and accepted, for the Gold or Silver services, providing tracking and coverage OR you should seek your own insurance cover independently, or through Insureship (who we can make no recommendation, and we receive no remuneration from). If you choose Insureship, they provide a policy as per their Terms and Conditions for you to Agree to.
6. The packaging of the Shipper’s documents or goods for transportation is the Shipper’s responsibility including the placing of the documents on the item to be sent. GPS and/or OPL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to documents or goods caused by inadequate or inappropriate packaging, labelling or affixing. It is the sole responsibility of the Shipper to address adequately each consignment to enable effective delivery to be made. GPS and/or OPL shall not be liable for delay in forwarding or delivery resulting from the Shipper’s failure to comply with its obligations in this respect.
10. The liability of GPS and/or OPL under these conditions shall be limited to the payment by GPS and/or OPL by way of damages of a sum not exceeding AUD50.00 or its equivalent per consignment, unless a Replacement Plan and Extended Warranty are in place. For the purpose of establishing liability under the clause the value of a document or the goods shall be ascertained by reference to their replacement of reconstitution value at the time and place of shipment without reference to their commercial utility to the Shipper's and other items of consequential loss.
11. Door to Door is inclusive of Pickup in Australia, Customs Clearance and delivery to address provided, on basis Recipient address is serviced by Destination Post Office, or Agent appointed. If address is not serviced to door, the goods will be delivered to closest Depot. The Shipper is responsible to ascertain service level to destination address. Door to Door and Customs Clearance Excludes any port, warehouse, storage, Tax, Duties and/or Quarantine charges or liabilities. Exclusions only apply if detailed in Description of Spot Rate item and/or Express Checkout provided and/or description of product on Tax Invoice.12. Any claim brought by a Shipper’s against GPS and/or OPL hereunder in respect of duties and liabilities must be notified by the Shipper’s to an office of GPS and/or OPL in writing within 28 days of the day when the documents or goods should reach their destination.
13. GPS and/or OPL will not carry (in addition to those items mentioned in clause 2 hereof) dangerous, hazardous, combustible or explosive materials, gold and silver bullion, coin, dust cyanides, precipitates, or any form of gold,silver or bullion, platinum and other precious metals, precious and semi-precious stones including commercial carbon or industrial diamonds, currency (paper or coin) of any nationality, negotiable securities, stocks, bonds, certificates, uncancelled postage or revenue stamps, war savings or thrift stamps, blank or endorsed bank cashier’s cheques, money orders or traveller’s cheques, letter, antiques, pictures, livestock or plants and in the event that any Shipper should consign such items with GPS and/or OPL, the Shipper shall indemnify GPS and/or OPL for all claims, damages, and expenses arising in connection therewith and GPS and/or OPL having knowledge that such items infringes these conditions. The right of inspection referred to in clause 4 shall also apply for the purpose of this clause.
15. GPS and/or OPL reserves the right and will not be held responsible for delay or withholding sending, or picking up the shipper’s goods until they are satisfied payment will be received in full by the selling outlet and/or Shipper. All costs including booking fees, telephone calls, labour cost at AUD40.00 per hour or part thereof, packaging and freight costs may be deducted from any refund or cancelled order. You will be also charged daily demuurage storage at our absolute discretion at the rate of $40.00 per cubic metre, or part thereof, for any non-compliance after 48 hours from notificcation, or agreed date. All items in these Terms and Conditions are to be read jointly and severally.
1.1 Replacement Plan Claims
1.4. Claims for missing or damaged contents
|1.5.1. Consequential Loss
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for consequential or special damages or any indirect loss arising out of any act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, by or on behalf of any person selling and/orhandling your freight at any point in transit from pickup until delivery. Such damages, losses or costs includes – but are not limited to - loss of profits, interest, income, market or liability. The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for consequential or special damages for an amount greater than the Declared Value of the items or the coverage paid for, whichever is the lower. Such damages, losses or costs includes – but are not limited to - loss of profits, interest, income, market or liability.
1.5.2. Events beyond control
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for an article due to force majeure – that is, a cause beyond control, such as a natural disaster or an act of war.
1.5.3. Physically offensive articles
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for an article that becomes physically offensive during the ordinary course of carriage.
1.5.4. Confiscated or destroyed articles
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for an article that is confiscated or destroyed either: -Under the internal legislation of the destination country, or -By customs officials, Regulated Agents or other competent authorities because of the nature of the article’s contents.
1.5.5. Prohibited articles
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for an article: 22.214.171.124. The possession of which is prohibited by or under any Australian Commonwealth, State, or Territory Law, or 126.96.36.199. Is prohibited or has import restrictions by the destination country. It is the sole responsibility of the Sender to ensure items being sent are not prohibited and/or has import restrictions on them. The Sender is advised to contact the relevant Consul or Embassy if they are unsure of requirements.
1.5.6. Customs/Quarantine Acts
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for loss or damage which arises from the inspection or repackaging of articles, as permitted by law, by Customs or Quarantine. The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claims for Taxes, Duties and Quarantine charges required to be paid on any items being sent and/or imported. It is the sole responsibility of the Sender to be aware of Duty and Tax requirements of the recipient country. The Sender is advised to contact the relevant Consul or Embassy if they are unsure of requirements.
1.5.7 Regulated Agent Obligations
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for loss, delay or damage which arises from the inspection or repackaging of articles by a Regulated Agent to meet their obligations under any Australian Commonwealth, State, or Territory Law.
1.5.8. Valuable Items
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for a valuable item that is:
* Not securely packed and wrapped or in packaging that has a shape, fastening or transparency that could allow its contents to be identified
* Prohibited by the destination country including the provisions of 1.5.5.
* Contains bullion, bank notes or currency notes of any country.
* Any credit card, debit card and/or any other form of banking instrument able to be used or traded.
·Any form of jewellery with a value greater than AUD100.00, not being sent by a traceable means (limit is AUD500.00 with a traceable means) and valued accordingly by a registered jewellery valuer.
|1.5.9. Fault or Negligence of sender
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for an article that is lost or damaged in transit by the fault or negligence of the Sender. This includes, but is not limited to failure to provide truthful and full details of freight, adequately pack the article, properly label the item, or in the case of suitcases and backpacks, ensure an address tag is fastened to the handle. It is solely the Senders responsibility to ensure all due care is taken to prevent damage, and the freight is properly labelled and declared. It is recommended that you take photos before sending. Third Party (dropped off without sighting by GPS/OPL) pickups and/or lodgements require photographic proof showing the level of packaging, labelling and ability to travel. Section 1.5.10 should also be of assistance in understanding your responsibilities for your fragile items.
1.5.10. Fragile Items
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim for damage to a fragile article that cannot reasonably be expected to travel by post and or any other type of freight (air or sea)– such as clay figures, soapstone or alabaster models.
1.5.11. Delivery delays
The RP excludes any claim for delivery delays. The Extended Warranty provides coverage for delays in delivery as detailed under Section 1.8.
1.5.12. Misrepresentation and Fraud
The RP and Extended Warranty excludes any claim that has omitted the full contents of the freight and/or value of the goods and/or weight and/or dimensions to avoid detection, financial an/or statutory liability.
1.6. Amount payable
The claim to the value of whichever is the least of:
* The value of contents declared, paid coverage for or claimed
* The actual replacement cost of lost, stolen or damaged items, as determined by market value
* The repair cost of damage items
* The RP reserves the right to replace or repair a lost or damaged item instead of paying a monetary value.
1.7. Title to lost items and Subsequent discovery of lost items
When compensation for the loss of or unrepairable damage to an item, that item becomes the property of GPS and OPL unless its value exceeds the claim amount paid. The recipient of any claim must repay any monies paid, plus all costs incurred by GPS and OPL if the item is subsequently delivered, or a fraud is shown to have occurred, within 30 days of a request for repayment in writing.
1.8. Extended Warranty
This is a supplementary service to the RP. It is only available with the purchase of a RP. It provides coverage for the actual cost of your freight, the actual cost of your RP (and Extended Warranty), an amount of AUD50.00 in the event of a successful claim for miscellaneous expenses. Further it provides a guaranteed rebate of AUD100.00 if the item has not entered the country of destination within the indicative timeframe provided for the nominated service. The rebate is payable even if the item is subsequently delivered. The rebate is based on entry to the country, not delivery to the door (delivery from the entry point is subject to local authorities). The timeframe commences from receipt by GPS and/or OPL for processing, not time of purchase unless the item is left at the place of purchase for collection.
All of the above should be read individually and jointly as one. It is your responsibility to understand your obligations before sending items by international or domestic freight and post.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: www.globalps.com.au/info